An addition or alternative to RIDTs that may offer advantages, particularly for patients with additional risk factors such as a compromised immune system, is a multiplex PCR (polymerase chain reaction) panel.
On December 11th, Representatives Doris Matsui (D-CA) and Brett Guthrie (R-TN) introduced House Resolution 1175, with the stated goal of, “Supporting increased awareness of sepsis and the importance of early diagnosis and appropriate intervention.”
Never Miss a Post!
- Antibiotic Resistance (55)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (55)
- Value of Diagnostics (28)
- Diagnostics (25)
- Acute and Intensive Care (25)
- New Research (20)
- Sepsis (19)
- Drugs and Drug Efficacy (13)
- Infectious Disease (12)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (12)
- Emergency Care (11)
- Epidemiology and Outbreaks (8)