This past week, a 4-year-old girl became the first child to die from flu complications in Dallas County this season. Ashanti Grinage was initially diagnosed with the flu, but she was later found to have pneumonia as well, a common complication of flu.
By the bioMérieux Connection Editors Did you know that in the United States, more than 1,500,000 people get sepsis each year, and more than 250,000 die? That makes sepsis one of the leading causes of death in the United States. The infographic below, compiled from information from the CDC, provides facts and figures about sepsis …
Never Miss a Post!
- Antibiotic Resistance (55)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (55)
- Value of Diagnostics (28)
- Diagnostics (25)
- Acute and Intensive Care (25)
- New Research (20)
- Sepsis (19)
- Drugs and Drug Efficacy (13)
- Infectious Disease (12)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (12)
- Emergency Care (11)
- Epidemiology and Outbreaks (8)