Since progress can often be hidden by success, it’s worthwhile to look back at the world prior to milk pasteurization. It wasn’t pretty. According to Karen Mullen, Regional Director Animal Health at bioMérieux, foodborne infections and fatalities were all too common prior to milk pasteurization.
While the debate continues over the dangers of unpasteurized milk, as well as the health claims made by proponents of these products, the controversy is particularly sharp in Tennessee and Montana, where state legislatures are deliberating proposed legislation on the legality of raw milk sales.
Never Miss a Post!
- Antibiotic Resistance (55)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (55)
- Value of Diagnostics (28)
- Diagnostics (25)
- Acute and Intensive Care (25)
- New Research (20)
- Sepsis (19)
- Drugs and Drug Efficacy (13)
- Infectious Disease (12)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (12)
- Emergency Care (11)
- Epidemiology and Outbreaks (8)