As the prevalence of AKI increases, so does the mounting personal and financial costs of this condition. The condition is associated with a tenfold increase in hospital mortality rates and a higher rate of chronic kidney disease among post-op patients.
Age-standardized rates of acute kidney injury hospitalizations increased by 139% (from 23.1 to 55.3 per 1,000 persons) among adults with diagnosed diabetes, and by 230% (from 3.5 to 11.7 per 1,000 persons) among those without diabetes.
Never Miss a Post!
- Antibiotic Resistance (55)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (55)
- Value of Diagnostics (28)
- Diagnostics (25)
- Acute and Intensive Care (25)
- New Research (20)
- Sepsis (19)
- Drugs and Drug Efficacy (13)
- Infectious Disease (12)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (12)
- Emergency Care (11)
- Epidemiology and Outbreaks (8)